Vinyl Plank Floor - Subfloor?

Old 08-19-14, 02:29 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Vinyl Plank Floor - Subfloor?

We are going to install vinyl plank floors in our basement. It's currently just a cement floor. From what I can tell the plank floors (we're specifically looking at the Allure Vinyl Planks that snap together from Home Depot) don't require a subfloor and that I can just install right over the cement. However, I'd like to have some protection from moisture but maybe more importantly from the cold (I live in MN) on my feet. But it's also a basement and every inch counts, so anything too thick would probably not be for me. Any suggestions on a relatively thin, waterproof subfloor for this flooring type? Any help is very appreciated. Thanks!

Old 08-20-14, 07:22 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,287 Upvotes on 1,225 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Sorry, I've not heard of anything which will satisfy all of your criteria - insulation normally entails some height (an inch or more).

Do you have moisture issues down there? Have you done a moisture test yet to see if you have any coming up through the slab?

Old 08-20-14, 07:37 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply. We did have some water (lots of rain with bad gutters, slight grading issue under my deck - both fixed) but after cleaning it up we did do a moisture test everything seems to be fine. We did have carpet and pad until the flood came, so I feel like I have about 3/4 of an inch to work with.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: