Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

One Vinyl tile loose in one corner-what glue to use

NJ

12-31-17, 07:18 AM   #1  
One Vinyl tile loose in one corner-what glue to use

In the small entryway to our home, there is a single vinyl tile that is coming up/lifting on one corner of the tile. The bulk of the tile is tight to the floor. We are talking about a loose corner edge of the tile, 1.5 inches by 1 inch on a side. The tile is near the edge of the floor, adjacent to a hot air heating vent, and is partially covered by the baseboard/shoe molding.

My plan: get some glue/adhesive/ whatever under the loose corner of the tile, place a weight on the tile, and wait until the glue dries/cures.
My questions: what glue should I use to secure that corner of the tile, and are there any other things to consider?

As always, thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

VA

12-31-17, 09:26 AM   #2  
You can pick up a small tub of vinyl adhesive in the flooring section of your box store. Spread it under your patch area with a small notched trowel and then weight it down overnight.

Couldn't find a link to a quart, but either big blue or big orange has quarts of vinyl adhesive as I just bought one for a patch job. Again, it will be found in the flooring section and should be specific to vinyl floors.

NJ

01-01-18, 08:21 AM   #3  
Thanks for the info, and BTW happy new year!

PA

01-18-18, 08:11 AM   #4  
I know it's probably fixed but I put these types of floors in my old house and I used liquid nails and put dabs of it on the backs when I installed it. It was down 4 yrs before I sold my house due to divorce and the flooring was still like the day I put it in. Just a future thought.

Search this Thread