LVP Flush with Hardwood

Old 04-15-18, 02:34 PM
LVP Flush with Hardwood

I'm installing luxury vinyl flooring that will bump up against an existing 3/4" hardwood floor. We would like to go with a ]click-lock floating floor, but don't want a transition strip between the two types of flooring. I'll build up the subfloor so that the vinyl is at the same height as the wood. Can this be done without a t-molding or other transition strip? The two floors will meet along a 13 foot straight run. I've seen it done where ceramic tile meets wood and it looks real nice. Has anyone ever used this product?
It's a click-lock floating floor. The installation instructions say to butt it up tight to the walls and if that isn't possible, to glue the edge that doesn't hit the wall. From the installation manual: "The planks must be installed tight against the walls throughout the entire installation (if this cannot be achieved use an approved lvt adhesive or a suitable DS/PS tape.)"
So would this enable me to butt the floating vinyl up against the wood and just glue down that edge so it doesn't lift or move?

Last edited by Shadeladie; 04-15-18 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Removed links
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-18, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator
What was with all the strange links? They had nothing to do with the questions.

Old 04-15-18, 04:32 PM
There should have only been one link and it had everything to do with the questions. After I asked "Has anyone ever used this product?", I posted the following link: https://shawfloors.com/flooring/viny...or-sa388/curry
This is a floor that may suit my needs an I wanted to know if anyone had experience with it and could tell me if it does what I need. Not sure why that was a problem.

Old 04-15-18, 04:39 PM
Group Moderator
It's possible you have picked up a viglink virus/worm/malware. Your post was full of commercial links when you used certain keywords.