Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Flooring, Floor Coverings and Coatings Center > Vinyl and Linoleum Flooring
Reload this Page >

Basement flooded again resilient vinyl flooring a good option ?

Old 06-29-19, 07:40 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

Due to a blocked french drain my basement floored twice in about 3 week due to a massive amount of rain in the Midwest during one of the wettest months we have had.

I have carpet in my walk out basement and it took about 2 weeks to clean it and dry it out last time. I was at a hardware store today and saw resilient or rolled vinyl flooring. I am very temped due to the price and the 20 year warranty on the flooring but is it good for a basement floor ?

Series: M8000
Wearlayer: Urethane Topcoat / PVC Wearlayer (Low Gloss)
Nominal Wearlayer Thickness: 12 mils
Nominal Total Thickness: .125 (3.2 mm)
Widths: 12 (3.6m)
Maximum Roll Size: 88 yds. (73 m2)
Weight per Sq. Yd. (Lbs): 3.82 (1.73 kg)
ASTM F-970 Static Load Limit: 75 lbs/in2(34 kg)
ASTM F 1303: Type I, Grade 3, Class C
ASTM E-648 Flooring Radiant Panel: Class 1
HUD/FHA Minimum Property Standards: Meets Wearlayer

I will need to apply a seem, my basement floor is concrete the only reason for the flooring was that the down pipe that ran in to a french drain was blocked due to roof granules. I am going to redo the french drain as soon as the ground drys up and make sure to keep the water away from the basement wall, But should I pull the carpet and use sheet vinyl flooring ?

Popular Reply

07-02-19, 05:32 PM
sam floor
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 17 Votes on 13 Posts
Not familiar with that particular vinyl. But if it is like Flexitec, and can be installed loose, it should work fine. Vinyl-backed-vinyls are not glued down. so they can be rolled up and relayed after a floor is dried. Even the seam will stay fastened together.

Old 07-02-19, 05:32 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 17 Votes on 13 Posts
Not familiar with that particular vinyl. But if it is like Flexitec, and can be installed loose, it should work fine. Vinyl-backed-vinyls are not glued down. so they can be rolled up and relayed after a floor is dried. Even the seam will stay fastened together.

Norm201, SimonT voted this post useful.
Old 07-08-19, 02:01 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
We have the same. We got recommended some Karndean or Amtico. After installing Karndean Art Select we have had our basement flood 3 times now and the floor is still looking good. I am just concerned that he subfloor may be getting a hit. We used waterproof adhesive.

Hope that helps.

We got the floor from Lifestyle Flooring UK

Old 07-08-19, 06:50 AM
Received 315 Votes on 283 Posts
Tarket also makes a vinyl flooring that is meant for wet locations. It can be submerged in water and reused when the water goes away.

Susi_test voted this post useful.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: