Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Flooring, Floor Coverings and Coatings Center > Vinyl and Linoleum Flooring
Reload this Page >

Basement flooded again resilient vinyl flooring a good option ?

Old 06-29-19, 06:40 PM

Due to a blocked french drain my basement floored twice in about 3 week due to a massive amount of rain in the Midwest during one of the wettest months we have had.

I have carpet in my walk out basement and it took about 2 weeks to clean it and dry it out last time. I was at a hardware store today and saw resilient or rolled vinyl flooring. I am very temped due to the price and the 20 year warranty on the flooring but is it good for a basement floor ?

Series: M8000
Wearlayer: Urethane Topcoat / PVC Wearlayer (Low Gloss)
Nominal Wearlayer Thickness: 12 mils
Nominal Total Thickness: .125 (3.2 mm)
Widths: 12 (3.6m)
Maximum Roll Size: 88 yds. (73 m2)
Weight per Sq. Yd. (Lbs): 3.82 (1.73 kg)
ASTM F-970 Static Load Limit: 75 lbs/in2(34 kg)
ASTM F 1303: Type I, Grade 3, Class C
ASTM E-648 Flooring Radiant Panel: Class 1
HUD/FHA Minimum Property Standards: Meets Wearlayer

I will need to apply a seem, my basement floor is concrete the only reason for the flooring was that the down pipe that ran in to a french drain was blocked due to roof granules. I am going to redo the french drain as soon as the ground drys up and make sure to keep the water away from the basement wall, But should I pull the carpet and use sheet vinyl flooring ?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-19, 04:32 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Not familiar with that particular vinyl. But if it is like Flexitec, and can be installed loose, it should work fine. Vinyl-backed-vinyls are not glued down. so they can be rolled up and relayed after a floor is dried. Even the seam will stay fastened together.

Norm201, SimonT liked this post.
Old 07-08-19, 01:01 AM
We have the same. We got recommended some Karndean or Amtico. After installing Karndean Art Select we have had our basement flood 3 times now and the floor is still looking good. I am just concerned that he subfloor may be getting a hit. We used waterproof adhesive.

Hope that helps.

We got the floor from Lifestyle Flooring UK

Old 07-08-19, 05:50 AM
Tarket also makes a vinyl flooring that is meant for wet locations. It can be submerged in water and reused when the water goes away.