sheet vinyl in basement

Old 09-12-19, 04:39 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
sheet vinyl in basement

I am looking at putting sheet vinyl in our basement. The hallway/staircase to our basement is at an odd angle and somewhat narrow. It would be a 12 ft wide by 24 ft long roll. Just wondering how flexible this stuff is - if I can bend somewhat to get the 12 ft roll around the corner and down the stairs or if I need to cut in half prior to taking down. didn't know if this would cause creases and how easy they would be to get out. trying to avoid as much seaming as possible. thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-19, 04:50 AM
Group Moderator
Received 184 Votes on 171 Posts
Sheet vinyl doesn't bend at all. You will have to cut the sheet to match the contour of your walls. If you are careful the roll can be bent somewhat to get it around corners when bringing it into the house. You have to be careful to NOT let it crease. Rolling the sheet around black corrugated drain pipe does a good job of preventing it from creasing while still allowing it to bend a bit.

Old 09-12-19, 10:18 AM
Received 23 Votes on 21 Posts
Obvious question but I will ask, any basement windows big enough to pass that through?

Have you practiced with a 12' 2x? to see if going down the stairs is an option?

You seem to have 2 questions, one bending the roll to get it downstairs and the other manipulating the sheet to fit a somewhat irregular floor. Since the sheet will not effectively bent to match your floor, if cutting the roll becomes necessary maybe the cut could also help the fit.

Bud

Old 09-14-19, 01:38 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 7 Votes on 4 Posts
Vinyl-backed-vinyl like Flexitec can be bent in the middle and will straighten out in a little while with no damage.