Easiest Vinyl Plank to install?

Old 05-29-20, 09:20 PM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Easiest Vinyl Plank to install?

I've installed Lowes ProCore LVP in a bathroom, and had some trouble getting planks to align and lock correctly (click and lock, floating floor with built-in padding). This could have been just me, not sure (I did get the tools, watched the videos, etc). In the end I had to keep spacers on all sides to keep certain pieces from moving. I haven't had a problem with expansion/contraction in the year since I installed it.

I am now looking to install vinyl plank in our basement, and was wondering if anyone knew of a brand that was reliably easy to install for homeowners? My guess is that part of what makes it easy to install is the design, and part is the consistency of manufacturing (how much are the products made to specific tolerances). I'm sure to some people, all LVP click and lock is easy to install, but there must be some brands that are super easy.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-20, 09:35 PM
Group Moderator
Received 491 Votes on 450 Posts
I've only used Lowes Smartcore Ultra and I liked it. You do have to keep shims at the edges until you're completely done. You have to tap it here and there to ensure it's completely locked and keep an eye on your seams to make sure you have it clicked together completely before you get too far.

Biggest thing is having a FLAT floor. If it's not flat it will give you nothing but trouble during the install and afterward it won't perform well. Check your floor with a long straightedge. Fix any variations.

I wouldn't say its foolproof, but if you are detail conscious and follow the instructions you shouldnt have much trouble with it.

ftchang1l2k voted this post useful.