Odd hard bumps on vinyl floor

Old 05-02-21, 07:16 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Odd hard bumps on vinyl floor

Hi,

I have vinyl floor replaced in bathroom a few months ago as I had a leak from shower which had gone under old vinyl so needed to replace. The area was dried out and new plywood put down then new Lino place on top.

I have just gone to clean the floor properly and went under sink area and found a whole area that has loads of raised hard bumps on it. This is not a bump under the vinyl ( have the odd one of these) but on top and has a slight browny red colour. Will not clean off and not sure if can be scraped with Stanley knife as trying just with my nails its not budging!

Just wondered if anyone may know what this could be as I am clueless as to what these are and why they have appeared!

Thanks in advance

Rachael

Old 05-02-21, 07:37 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 913 Votes on 840 Posts
My guess would be chunks of dirt or nail heads underneath the vinyl telegraphing through. I have no idea what could grow in or on top of the vinyl to make the bumps. The color makes me think you might be seeing rust from the screw or nail causing the bump.

Old 05-02-21, 12:03 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 17 Votes on 13 Posts
If they installed 1/4" underlayment under the vinyl, which is the right way to do it, the floor under it may have been too soft and the nails could be coming loose. If they used something other than ring-shank nails or underlayment staples, they WILL come loose over time.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: