cork flooring

Old 02-01-02, 11:13 AM
maggy1
Visiting Guest
Question cork flooring

has anyone had any experience with cork flooring? it's supposed to be excellent for sound as well as longevity.
Be glad to hear your experiences.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-02, 10:30 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Characteristics of cork flooring

Go to www.creativecork.com for useful info.

Old 02-04-02, 07:36 AM
maggy1
Visiting Guest
cork floor

Thank you for that heads up on the website - do you have personal experience with cork flooring? It's relatively new up here and I know of no one who has used it.

Old 02-11-02, 07:15 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cork has been a fairly popular high-end product lately...it's supposed to last at least 100 years with minimal maintenance. It has great sound absorbtion and it's a much softer surface than ceramic tile. It can be rather costly. I've had recent estimates of $6-7 per square foot for material only...compared with wood, it's about the same, maybe a little more. As an architect, I've only used it in one project, a house with a budge of several million dollars.... so it's hard to say that anything other than appearance mattered...i'm about to use it in another higher end house...in both instances, it's been used in utility/laundry/craft/work rooms. Try www.expanko.com..they will send samples and seem to be knowledgeable when it comes to intallation, etc.

Old 02-25-02, 08:15 AM
maggy1
Visiting Guest
cork floor

Mark: thank you - in Ontario I have had quotes of $2.70 per square foot for material only. Will install myself - seems relatively easy - underlayment important as usual with flooring....have done some more research - it certainly seems to be a good product - will post a reaction when I install in my kitchen.