floors

Old 04-17-02, 01:38 AM
Becca79
Visiting Guest
floors

now I have flooring right now and it is unable to come up and there are spots where the floor has been torn off.
Could I just put vinyl right on top and if I could, do I have to treat it some how?

Old 04-20-02, 03:21 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Installing vinyl over vinyl

Loose vinyl sections can be cut out. Installing vinyl over vinyl requires that the old vinyl be secure to the underlayment beneath. A floor patch compound can be used to smooth out the embossed designs in the old floor covering and to fill in the areas where vinyl has been removed. High spots in the patching compound can be sanded out. A successful vinyl installation requires a super smooth surface. Typically, installing new vinyl over old will void any product warranties. Old vinyl can also be covered with new plywood underlayment. Old vinyl can be removed by cutting into strips with a utility knife, and a heat gun and scraper can be used to remove the vinyl. Adhesive remover can be used to remove adhesive. If the old floor covering and contain asbestos it should not be disturbed, but rather encapsulated with new underlayment and floor covering.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: