Mirror Tile

Old 09-02-02, 06:49 AM
butterflylady
Visiting Guest
Question Mirror Tile

Can anyone tell me what to use to put up mirror tile on my ceiling in my dining room I had it specially built to do this but no one in my small town seems to know Thank you.

Old 09-04-02, 11:56 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Okay, Married Butterfly.

There is actually a product called mirror mastic. A hardware store might have it, or check with a glass company.

Old 09-05-02, 10:50 PM
Melmcbth
Visiting Guest
If you cannot find that product you can use Liquid Nails. It even comes by the bucket that youo can "paint" onto your surface... however, for your job I would recommend the tube in a caulk gun, squeeze a reallllly good "S" o the back and stick it up there. Use painter's tape to hold tiles still while they dry. Give each tile at least 48 hours before you use it as an anchor for another.
good luck and remember, it wasn't your spouse (or kids, or dog) that hit your thumb with the hammer!
mel

Old 09-06-02, 04:12 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Not to be argumentative, but mirror mastic is made for mirrors. Other adhesives have a tendancy to pull the siver plating from the back of the mirror and make splotches appear on the surface.

Ask me how I know this.

Old 09-12-02, 10:56 AM
Melmcbth
Visiting Guest
I wasn't disagreeing, just offering another option if the mastic couldn't be found. My Lowes has it as do most home improvement stores but then our person with the question just MIGHT not live near one of the chains.

Old 09-15-02, 06:43 AM
butterflylady
Visiting Guest
Thank You

Thanks to both of you your replies were very helpful.As luck would have it we are getting a Home Depot about 20 minutes away.Before we had to go about 1 hour west or 1 and half hour east.I will check with them as soon as it opens and let ya all know how it goes.
Sincerely,
Butterfly Lady

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: