drilling through ceramic tile

Old 09-26-02, 03:28 PM
dlkuse
Visiting Guest
drilling through ceramic tile

I've got a ceramic tiled bathroom and up to now I've been using a tension rod for the shower curtain. Which keeps falling down.

How easy/difficult is it to attach a permanent shower rod by drilling through the ceramic tile? And what type of drill bit attachment do I need? Where do I even find mounted shower rods?

Thanks.
Donna

Old 09-27-02, 04:33 AM
Group Moderator
Received 153 Votes on 118 Posts
All you need is a masonry bit, drill, and plastic anchors. Should be able to find rods at your local home center or a bed & bath specialty store. Mark locations for the holes making sure the rod is level. Next take a nail and hammer and lightly tap the locations which will make a small indentation for the masonry bit to follow and also chip a small piece of the ceramic tile face. Drill holes with masonry bit and install plastic anchors (look on the anchor package and it will tell you what size hole they require). Line up rod and install screws. Done.

Old 09-27-02, 02:03 PM
kliot
Visiting Guest
I usually put a piece of duct or masking tape over the tile and drill through the tape, the tape keeps the drill from sliding around on the tile.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: