How to clean an industrial/comrecial grade tile floor?

Old 11-01-02, 09:58 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How to clean an industrial/comrecial grade tile floor?

Hi-

I am new here so I must take the time to say hello! HI!

Ok, I have a VERY important question. My wife and I own a cleaning service as a side job. We currently do this one account which is a business. They have a room about 20x20ft square. The floor has 12 x 12 inch tiles. They have NO grout as they seem to be the glue and stick type.They are rought textured and seem hard to the touch.. If you follow me on this one? They seem to have tighter joints than that of normal tile/grout flooring.

Ok heres my major problem..... We wet mop this floor once a week. We ring the mop out the best we can, and after the floor dries, there is black seaping up around certain tiles? We didn't change cleaners so it can't be that? Someone told me that it could be that the wood flooring under the tile might have gotten wet and its mildue seaping up at the tile joints? Could it be the glue or just dirt worked into the cracks and the water that gets in them makes it rise out?

If so could anyone recomend what to do to furthur keep this from happening? I appreciate any info or help you can offer me?

Thanks so much and have a great weekend...
Spankey

Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-02, 04:22 PM
It isn't You!!!!!!!

The tiles are sitting in emulsified adhesive that has never dried!

They installed the tiles into wet VCT adhesive, instead of letting the adhesive flash off and become tacky. It is like putting the lid back on the bucket of glue and it never dries

Or no moisture emmisions were taken of the concrete prior to the installation. The moisture emissions off the concrete are too high for the adhesive manufacturers specifications.

Run away from this cleaning client, if they try to say your not cleaning it right!

Explain to them how it wasn't installed right and that is moisture from below the tiles causing the adhesive emulsion problem.

Old 11-02-02, 07:09 PM
S
Thank you very much for your info and your time.....

Spankey