terrible installation

Old 11-03-02, 05:51 AM
Jorge Castro
Visiting Guest
terrible installation

I had porcelain installed in the shower of two bathrooms (yesterday). As the installers were half way through with the installation I realized they were doing a terrible job. The tiles were not properly aligned, not properly leveled, irregular cut borders, etc. They left without finishing the job. How can this problem be fixed without costing me having to buy new porcelain and fixing the wall behind???
Thanks a lot!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-02, 06:09 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Take pictures with levels or string lines as a reference. Call the installers and ask for them to get more tile since your going to be short when they have to trash what is up on the wall now. Have you paid them anything or even have a contract?

Hold them accountable. You did get references and go look at some of their previous work, didn't you?

If they were the cheapest quote, you may be getting what you paid for.

Take pictures and get quotes from reputable PROFESSIONALS on the cost to repair it. Then if the installers refuse to fix it, You can tell them what your going to bill them for the repairs and cost of tile. Do you have an address for these installers? If not, you better find one quick!!!!! Your going to need it, or live with what they have done, or pay out of your pocket to make it right.

Good luck!! I hate to see this happen to anyone. It gives us all a bad name.