grout

Old 01-15-03, 08:04 PM
ardenwoodprince
Visiting Guest
grout

Hey guys I’m new to these forums and I had a question. I am remodeling my bathroom and I'm using granite tiles, there cut in 1x1 pieces. The question I had is…What type of grout do I use? Is there a special grout to use in the bathrooms? Or what?

Thanks to any reply’s...

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-03, 08:51 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
No special grouts actually.

What is your tile spacing, this would determine more than anything which grout to use.

Generally a 1/8" or smaller grout space uses unsanded grout, a larger grout space uses sanded grout.

Also (generally) granite is spaced at not more than 1/8" but there are no real rules for this either.

Old 01-15-03, 08:55 PM
ardenwoodprince
Visiting Guest
i'll check the spacing in a little while but my main concern was these tiles are going to be exposed to water and i was wondering if there is a special grout to use when there is water involved?

Old 01-16-03, 06:17 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Most all of todays grouts are basically the same thing. Some companies have some unique ideas as far as their recipes are concerned but still they all have the same range of applications, epoxy grout would be the big exception but we won't go there.

Wet, dry, it doesn't matter they all perform about the same. If your dealing with an area that will be wet frequently then the adhesive you use is the main consideration.