Bathroom Remodeling

Old 01-20-03, 09:22 AM
aland45
Visiting Guest
Bathroom Remodeling

I'm planning to remodel our bathroom and would like to keep our old tub, we're ok with the color and condition of it (we had estimates for the cost of r &r ing it) we have tiled walls which we would like to replace due to probable water damage behind them, bowing etc. cracking. I figured to tear out all the tile, walls & replace with cement board, new shower fixtures and retile down to and around the tub. Replace the old toilet and sink with new fixtures and also put down a new floor and wainscotting. 1st question, where would you start after obtaining all the necessary fixtures and supplies. 2nd question, do you see a problem with keeping the old tub and working around it? It cleaned up beautifully but could use a new drain cover.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-03, 10:24 AM
TileguyTodd
Visiting Guest
I answered this question Via Email.

Email should be a last resort for people please. I may or may not respond by email unless it is related to my doing a job. Please for everyones sake, lets try to keep things in the forum so everyone can benefit from answers who have similar situations. Thank you for your cooperation, and i wish you well on your project.
If you have further questions please post them here.There are others who can also help you. Good thing i had the day off

Old 01-20-03, 10:25 AM
jacksan
Visiting Guest
If practical, I would remove all fixtures and do 100% of the demolition first to get the most dirty work done and out of the way. Then redo any structural members needing such. Next plumbing, hvac, wiring, insulation and wallboard. The tub can stay if you'll have room, just protect it with pads, a cover, and a piece of plywood.