Questions about Tile Cutters

Old 01-21-03, 08:27 PM
trowland
Visiting Guest
Questions about Tile Saws/Cutters

I recenlty purchased a new home and I am planning some remodeling projects. I have done some tile work before (as a hobby) including a past kitchen floor, backsplash, and tile countertop and another backsplash in my second home. Now, I am planning to do another kitchen backsplash and sometime down the road, re-model 3 bathrooms with tile. In the past, I have used a two-bar cutter and the manual cutter; however given the proposed projects, I was thinking about buying a saw instead of renting one each time I take on a project (due to outlet cutouts, etc.) but I have no idea which saw would get the job done the best at the least expense (I hope to make the jobs a little easier but not increase the cost substantially). I have surfed through some pages and seen different products such as an MK-145 Wet Tile Saw for pretty reasonable prices or the diamond saws which are more expensive (and frankly, I really do not know what they do differently). The first project involves 6x6 terracotta (sp?) tile and about 10 outlets to work around. PS. I have to get some kind of saw because I loaned out the two-bar cutter and I have not seen it since. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-03, 09:24 PM
TileguyTodd
Visiting Guest
For the Money I would highly encourage you to purchase a Felker Tile saw. As a pro i wouldnt use anything else.You couldnt give me an MK. The Tm-75 is under 350.00 at [url]www.contractortools.com. nice lil saw.if you think you will need a bit larger try the fts150. I have and use a TM-75 myself for small entries bathrooms etc. I have a tilemaster for larger and commercial jobs.I know the product, i use the product. I know some of the people at the company.You cant go wrong!!

Saws to avoid
Plasplug
QEP
MK
TILEPRO