ceramic tile question #799-lol

Old 02-03-03, 10:16 AM
bakconst
Visiting Guest
Question ceramic tile question #799-lol

hi. hopefully you can help....i'm installing ceramic tile in a shower room. on the walls as well as the floor. my question is this-i know some contractors "do" the walls first and others "do" the floors first. which way is gives the BEST RESULTS ? i've already applied a waterproofing membrane-just not quite sure wether to put the tile on the walls or the floor first. THANKS

Old 02-03-03, 10:25 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Either - Or, usually doesn't matter.

I know pros that want the floor done last so that they aren't standing on the the finished floor to install the wall tiles.

Personally I do the floor first then temporarily cover it. At any rate I think you want the wall tile to lap the floor tile simply for the "watershed" effect.

What "waterproofing membrane"?

Those things (waterproofing) are not intended to be a wear surface and moving around on the waterproofing while installing the wall tile could violate the integrity of the waterproofing.

Old 02-04-03, 07:02 AM
TileguyTodd
Visiting Guest
If you want the best of both worlds,Set your floor and bottom course of wall tile at the same time. Floor first cut wall tile on top.By doing this the bulk of your mess doing the wall work is completed.And you still end up with the watershedding quality bud mentioned.Just consider it (coving your floor ) But use the wall tile OK

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: