laying ceramic tile with curved edges

Old 02-27-03, 03:59 PM
tiler
Visiting Guest
laying ceramic tile with curved edges

I am getting ready to lay ceramic tile with curved edges. How far apart should I set the tiles since spacers really won't work since the edges are curved.

Old 02-27-03, 04:26 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You can just eyeball the space to be whatever you think looks good. Should be at least 1/8" if these are floor tiles, and probably not over 1/2".

Old 03-02-03, 07:19 AM
cuzzx
Visiting Guest
curved

have laid many of the curved tiles and i just pop my lines and eyeball, try to keep the joints around 1/4 inch, that looks the best.

Old 03-04-03, 07:04 PM
tile2day
Visiting Guest
tiler, A scalloped edge tile should have several places on all 4 sides that will be straight. Try to keep those areas at the 1/4 " grout line when possible. This should give you the random grout line look that the tile intends. The intersection of 4 tiles should or will be a larger grout area than a normal square tile intersection. As the previous post indicated you will be better off snapping a few layout lines and eyeballing the majority of the installation. I would suggest you grout a smaller area at a time and wait just a "little" longer to start working on the cleanup phase of grouting, to allow some of those wider areas to firm up a little before you start the spongue attack. A scalloped edge tille requires a little more grout and time than the average installation. Let us know how it looks when you are done!

Old 03-19-03, 09:23 AM
tiler
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up laying tile with curved edges

the kitchen floor came out nice with the spacing around 1/4 inch. Thanks for all the advice it was alot of help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: