ceramic tile

Old 04-15-03, 11:24 AM
C. Patrick
Visiting Guest
ceramic tile

HI -

I am looking at installing ceramic tile in my kitchen and dining area (probably 16"). I am in the process of getting estimates from a few local floor stores, however, I have no idea what the 'market' rate should be. I live in the western michigan area.

I am looking about about 300-350 sq ft. Does anyone know what a good estimate would be? (per sq ft). Thanks for your help!!

Old 04-18-03, 10:23 AM
T
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ceramic tile installation cost

Installation costs tend to vary from area to area. After talking with a few dealers, you will get an idea what the average installation costs will be. You should also get an idea as to how they plan on installing the tile. For instance, if installing over wood subfloor, concrete underlayment board is recommended, as well as a flexible thinset mortar. You might also want to ask friends and family where they got their tile and installation. Get references from the dealer and call and/or go see an installation or two.

Purchase a quality tile, making sure that it has a PEI rating that can withstand the traffic in the area where you plan to install the tile. A rating of 4 or better is best. You can't determine the quality of tile by looking at it. Purchase from a reliable dealer who knows tile and stands behind the installation. The installer should be a professional.

Old 04-22-03, 06:56 AM
ABW
Visiting Guest
The rate I am paying is $5.75 for installation and $3.00 for preparation for a total of $8.75 for complete installation.

This is middle Connecticut.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: