Terrazzo Flooring

Old 04-29-03, 08:03 PM
CDCastro
Visiting Guest
Question Terrazzo Flooring

I took up the carpet in my home and underneath is beautiful terrazzo flooring. Near the edge where the tlie met the carpet they made cuts in the terrazzo. Any one know how I can repair these cuts and a few small holes myself

Old 04-30-03, 03:57 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Terrazzo repair

There are terrazzo repair kits available. Check with your local tile and stone dealers or online.

Old 04-30-03, 07:14 AM
CDCastro
Visiting Guest
Thanks, I have check out a few places but no one has it. I will keep looking. I really don't want to caover the terrazzo again. The rest of the rooms came out so good. And it is easier to keep clean than carpet.
Cathy

Old 05-07-03, 06:30 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Terrazzo Repair kits? Really? Hmm?..can't say I've ever heard of that before.
An easy way to fix these areas, without spending a lot of money is to fill in the holes with the proper background color( white or grey cement..or what ever color they used) and then painting in the color of the terrazzo chips with acrylic paint. After it drys,put on a few coats of floor finish/wax to protect the paint from wearing off. It's simple and blends it quite well.
Of course this only works for small holes...a larger area would need to be repaired by a terrazzo installer.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: