peel and stick glue pads on paneling

Old 05-22-03, 01:50 PM
jay
Visiting Guest
peel and stick glue pads on paneling

i have mirror tiles stuck to paneling with those little squares that have glue on each side. how can i remove the squares/glue without harming the panelings. i don't care about the mirrors. help me please

Old 05-23-03, 01:55 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
No promises, but consider this. Use some dental floss. Slide it behind one corner, and see if you can gently "saw" the tile off the wall with the floss. Then you'll need some adhesive solvent to take care of the residue.

Old 05-31-03, 11:23 PM
BussBar
Visiting Guest
I use stickybacks a lot, Try This

Try using a plastic ruler or something similar that won't scratch the paneling. Push into the foam part between the adhesive surfaces and pry the mirror away from the wall. Do this very slowly and carefully and if you see paneling starting to tear; stop!! If the paneling starts to tear apply some WD40 to each point of contact, wait a few mins. and try again, The WD40 will soften the adhesive. Also after you get it loose apply Wd40 to clean up any adhesive left behind. Then clean the area with glass cleaner to remove the WD40. To finish apply some furniture polish to the paneling.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: