pricing on ceramic tile install

Old 05-22-03, 06:23 PM
r4196
Visiting Guest
Question pricing on ceramic tile install

what is a fair price to have 315 sg feet of ceramic tile installed. The price should include tear out of exisiting 115 sg feet of ceramic tile with thin set over luan and 200 square feet of vinyal floor laminate over luan. I am supplying the wonderboard and all of the otrher supplies. The price should also include tear out of powder room and install of plumbing fixtures

Old 05-22-03, 07:47 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hello & welcome to the forums,

My first response to your question is to say that neither luan nor vinyl laminate are approved substrates for tile, so there's a bit more demo here that what you've planned. If this is installed over this material per your request, workmanship warranty is out the window.

With that being said, the tile demo will run you $200-$500 depending on difficulty & dump question, laying your wonderboard & tile will run anywhere between $850-$1500, depending on type of tile being used, layout complexity & amount of cutting involved.

I'm in the midwest, so I'd expect prices to be higher on the coast. Hope that helps.

Old 05-24-03, 06:44 AM
floorman
Visiting Guest
sounds like dell's got you covered,The pricing is soooo different out there that it is hard for someone to tell you what it may cost a thousand mile away,i know east cost tends to be higher than out in the midwest,well at least here in mo.,chicagos outragous also,but what i would do is get three or four bids and check the individuals or companies out thoroughly and go from there.Happy hunting and let us know what you find so we can pass it on

Old 05-26-03, 07:45 AM
eriktimmer
Visiting Guest
Don't be surprised if you find that its closer to the 2500 range or more. I'm in the midwest (WI) and just had an estimate done to tile walls and floor in a bathroom. The job will require around 180 sq ft. of wall tile and 32 sq ft of floor. I've already removed sink, toilet, old flooring, etc. We selected tile that runs around 3.00 a sq. ft for wall and 4.50 for floor and had the estimate calculated w/ installation of new shower valve and w/o installation of new sink and toilet (which we purchased elsewhere). The price for this came out to 2400 on one bid and 2480 on another.

I had a feeling that these bids were high, but hearing awesomedell's "ballpark" on this other inquiry makes me a little more certain. If anyone thinks this is unusually high, could you reply back...or if I'm just trying to pinch pennies, also let me know. Otherwise, I'm off to buy trowels and buckets on Tuesday. For that kind of money, I'll call in sick for a few days.

Thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: