Granite counter stained

Old 05-26-03, 01:18 PM
homebrewboy
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Granite counter stained

This one is not going to be easy to explain....

We have a granite counter top; if you are familiar with granite it is called paradise (sp?). Light in color with reds, grays, whites, and some blacks.

Unfortunately, a mistake was made and the entire counter was cleaned with Pinesol for several weeks, and this caused the entire counter to darken severely. Also unfortunate is that the person who did this is a family member who did not know any better and was only trying to help. Now they are extremely upset.

Now we could leave the counter dark, however, the areas that were under canisters, microwave, mixer, and other items where not wiped down, so they are as light as when it was first installed.

We tried a poultice, it worked but needed two applications, and doing the entire counter this way would be to costly. Can I make my own poultice out of clay or plaster??

Thanks

Old 05-26-03, 02:04 PM
floorman
Visiting Guest
you can make you're own poultice however i can't tell you what to use for as each marble has their own unique set of things that work.You need to go to the people who sold it to you if possible and find out exactly what it is and see if they can reccomend something for you to use.Maybe even a marble restoration co. in you're area could help you with that,i can tell you that at the very least you're looking at having it polished again as the acids in the pine sol did a number on the finish of that granite

Old 05-26-03, 03:32 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Poultice

You can make your own poultice using diatomaceous earth. The chemical you mix with it is determined by the type of stain. Go to http://www.findstone.com/stainremoval.htm to learn more. As suggested, if in doubt, contact your local stone supplier.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: