3-season porch floor wet

Old 05-27-03, 04:53 PM
cheryl
Visiting Guest
3-season porch floor wet

Hi,
I have a three season porch attached to my garage. When I bought the house, there was indoor/outdoor carpeting. It was moldy, so I pulled it up. The floor is now bare concrete. I want to tile it. What application will endure Minnesota freeze/thaw cycles successfully?
Cheryl

Old 05-27-03, 07:09 PM
ee3
Visiting Guest
Give us more details , slab,wood. covererd,sloped???ect.

Old 05-27-03, 08:36 PM
cheryl
Visiting Guest
Concrete slab. Enclosed. No slope, it is level. I live at the bottom of a hill, therefore I get everyone else's runoff. I am working on landscaping and building up soil around buildings.

Cheryl

Old 05-29-03, 01:25 PM
ee3
Visiting Guest
I would recommend a porcelain , however if snow and rain are not going to get on it almost any will work.Its not the temp its the moisture that can get into the tile and freeze that is the problem. Porcelain has very low absorption.

Old 05-29-03, 06:52 PM
floorman
Visiting Guest
you need a full bodied ,impervious porcelain rated for outdoor use.Also the thinset you use will have to latex modified with a liquid latex additive just for insurance against freezing,you need to eliminate the standing water from the slab water cannot be allowed to sit and freeze,also use a latex additive for the grout should be just fine

Old 05-29-03, 07:51 PM
cheryl
Visiting Guest
Thanks for all of your advice. I will take it. And if my new flooring becomes loose or heaves, I will call on you!!

Old 05-30-03, 07:51 PM
floorman
Visiting Guest
and if it does stay down come back and give us an atta boy

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: