Sealing questions again

Old 08-17-03, 07:36 AM
giantswin1
Visiting Guest
Smile Sealing questions again

Hi all,

New guy here with a new house. Not very handy but this site is helping me a lot!!!

I have a few questions about sealers:

1. I have granite counter tops in new house. I was told to seal them. On the granite I used Stoneguard Stone and Grout Sealer, solvent based. Bought it, used it before I discovered this site. Was recommended by builder and home depot had it.

The sealer has left a slight haze on the counter tops. How do I get rid of this? Simply use the polish or buff? If buffing, with what?

2. I have read recommendations here for using Aquamix sealer for the grout in my bathroom. I bought the Sealers Choice 15 year. I am planning to apply with normal paint brushes. If I slip and get it on the tile, do I need to worry? How do I get it off if I miss and get it on the tile?

3. I have marble courter tops in the bathroom. Should I use the Aquamix sealer on that too or do I not need to seal marble??

Appreciate the helpful advice in here. Cheers.

Old 08-20-03, 02:44 PM
giantswin1
Visiting Guest
anyone?

anyone have any thoughts here?

What is best way to get rid of the haze left over after sealing darker granite? When I do the rest of the counter tops, should I skip the solvent based stuff that I have and use the Aquamix 15 on the rest of it?

Old 08-20-03, 04:37 PM
floorman
Visiting Guest
i think you need to call astone and marble refinisher,if i'm not mistaken if this is polished granite thenit does not require sealing and you may have compromised the finish on the granite,the only types of limestone and such that require sealing are the unpolished types,usually there is no further sealing needed after polishing,only maintainance of the polished product untile refurbishing is needed

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: