SpectraLock Grout

Old 09-02-03, 11:58 AM
canu49
Visiting Guest
SpectraLock Grout

I just tried the new SpectraLock epoxy grout. The stuff was awful. Stiff, sticky and very hard to work with. Was it just me, or has anyone else had better luck with this stuff. The guy at Lowes who sold it to me said it was the greatest thing since peanut butter. Hint: peanut butters spreads easier.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-03, 08:17 AM
talula
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up SpectraLock Grout

I just used SpectraLock grout for the first time, and I really liked it. It is thick, but I still found it easy to spread. You can always leave out a little powder to make it more plastic (the instructions provide this option). While it claims to have a pot life of 30 minutes, I found it to be workable for far longer. While cement grout tends to become crumbly as useless as it dries out, SpectraLock just becomes a bit gummier--kind of like play dough. I found that it was still pretty easy to push into the joints. And this stuff becomes rock hard! The cleanup was easy as well, but make sure you clean off your tools quickly. I would definitely recommend this product. Its stain repellent qualities remain to be seen, but then I used black anyway.

Old 06-20-07, 10:25 AM
I
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Spectralock

Easy to spread??? If you can bench press 300+ lbs. then you can consider it easy!!! Man.....Pushing spectra on 1/8 spacing was an entire gym workout for me(and I do frequently). Specially at the end where the grout is starting to cure, I was grunting....biceps burning. The good thing is it does smooth out with water and sponge and cleans considerably easy. I just hope it'll last long enough to justify the cost and installation pain. One trick I used to slow down curing time is placing the grout bucket on an bucket with ice. Carry the bigger bucket with the ice and grout. It(tiles) does look good though.