Paint to cover a stripe of colored tile?

Old 09-23-03, 01:54 AM
diane333
Visiting Guest
Paint to cover a stripe of colored tile?

Gosh, I got into all the other great posts, even asked some questions, but now I need to ask about the actual subject that brought me here tonight.

Both of our bathrooms have those 70's stripes of colored tile near the top of the tile walls. I hate it, but really don't want to get into replacing it at this point in time. Several people have told me that with the proper prep and paint, you can color over these nasty looking tile stripes. Trouble is that these people didn't know the name of the product to use or where I could get it. Can anyone help me with this? I would like to paint them the same color as the rest of the tile, which is off-white. Please help if you have any knowledge on how to do this. Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 09-27-03, 04:02 PM
catwomanrnmn
Visiting Guest
Smile Paint to cover a stripe of colored tile

Diane 333:

I have used a product that will cover up your undersirable color stripe. You can also use it to refinish tubs, sinks and fiberglass tub and shower surrounds. The name of the product is called the "Tub and Tile Finishing Kit" and is made as a specialty product by Rustoleum. I used it to redo my ceramic tile backsplash in my kitchen. I buy it at Menard's.

I was told by Rustoleum's customer service department that this product could be tinted using the pigments that are used to color paint. The three standard colors that it comes in are white, biscuit and almond. The prep is the hardest part of the job, but it sounds as if it will be a relatively small area for you.

I have just had my kitchen cabinets redone and am going to use this product again on my backsplash. The results the first time were great!

Good luck!

Old 09-28-03, 11:59 AM
floorman
Visiting Guest
thanx for the post cat

Old 09-28-03, 07:00 PM
diane333
Visiting Guest
Thanks!

Finally, I've got electric power again! I just wanted to thank Cat for the great information! At last, an "end" to the bright aqua and yellow tiles!!!!! You are a jewel, Cat! Blessings...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: