Need product advice to fill gaps/cracks in ply B4 tile.


Old 01-10-04, 11:09 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question Need product advice to fill gaps/cracks in ply B4 tile.

I would like to tile our kitchen floor. We will be removing the cushion flooring. What product is best used to fill in gaps and cracks in ply?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-04, 11:41 AM
joseph craig
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
there are several kind)s of floor patching compounds ARDEX or feather edge by armstrong works well. make sure floor is sound clean and dry.
Old 01-10-04, 01:42 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
there are also crack isolation membranes.
is your floor two layer of ply or one ,how thick,do you have room to add a layer of cement backer board?, what is your joist spacing,length?
Old 01-10-04, 06:39 PM
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 5,073
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I personally won't set tile directly to plywood.

Also one must consider the movement the wood subfloor has. Too much movement and the tile installation will fail.
Will the structure support the added weight?
Old 01-10-04, 06:48 PM
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 15,818
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Concrete underlayment board

Concrete underlayment board is recommended beneath tile. Any movement in subfloor will tend to result in cracked grout and possibly cracked tiles.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: