Need advice on project:

Old 02-10-04, 11:18 AM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need advice on project:

In bathroom, want to adhere medium-sized mirror to wall, then edge in tiles (12"x12" sheets of 1" squares, each cut into 3 strips of 4" each.)

What type of adhesive to use for mirror, for tile? Outside border for tile, what can I use?

Mirror first or tile first?

Most importantly, how do I support mirror and tile as it dries on wall? ANY other step by step advice on this project GREATLY appreciated!!!!

Old 02-10-04, 01:39 PM
floorman
Visiting Guest
you can use silicone or construction adheasive for the mirror and then ai a 2x 4 to the wall under the mirror to support it while it dries,the tile will cover the nail holes when you remove the 2x4.
Then you want to use wall mastic for the tile most mastice will hold the tile in place so you won't have to use anything to support them,if you do, you can use duct tape or something similar to hold the strips in place

Old 02-10-04, 06:42 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Many mirrors are held to the wall with nothing more than mirror mastic (they make a adhesive specifically for mirrors). However, a friend of mine had such a bathroom mirror fall off the wall in the middle of the night after having been there for 12 years. I would suggest you consider supplementing the mirror mastic with some mechanical fasteners, or use mechanical fasteners alone.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: