Ceramic tile threshold/transition. Need help!

Old 02-16-04, 09:00 PM
jrlmsp108
Visiting Guest
Question Ceramic tile threshold/transition. Need help!

I just recently finished my first ever attempt at installing ceramic tile, which came out flawlessly I must say. I have run into a problem though. I stopped the tile when I recently had carpet installed and figured that it would be just as easy to leave the carpet tack piece (which looks like quarter round at the edge of the carpet - whatever the technical term is for that) and use a transition piece made of marble or hardwood to cover the transition area, which is approximately 1 1/4" wide and 109" long. Problem is I can't find a plain white marble double beveled transition piece anywhere!! Anybody have ideas. I got rid (well returned to Home Depot) my hammer drill so I have nothing strong enough to drill into the concrete foundation. Help! Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-04, 04:13 AM
ilketile
Visiting Guest
transition from tile to carpet is always different and difficult to manage. if you want the white marble piece and it isent beveled on both sides just take a sander and sand a bevel on it. thats how most people do it anytime they have to cut a piece of marble that needs a bevel.

Old 02-18-04, 08:48 PM
rs0
Visiting Guest
usually where tile ends and carpet meets most guys use what is called a schluter strip the bottom lays under the last tile and it has a finished front ....the carpet layer will tack strip in front of the schluter and tuck the carpet in.................since you mentioned a hardwood piece as an option sounds like a baby threshold would work here it may require some trimmming on the bottom but its an option