Having trouble getting my first row straight. "Wood Floor"

Old 03-03-04, 08:29 PM
Furniture Bldr
Visiting Guest
Having trouble getting my first row straight. "Wood Floor"

I'm laying 3/4" 3-1/4" wide Bellawood Select white maple flooring. "Real wood"

I'm having a heck of a time trying to get a nice chalk line to reference off of. I'm spaning 25ft across in which I need to have a nice straight line of floor. The line the chalk leaves is about 1/8".

How the heck do you get a straight row, as seeing the chalk line isn't real thin so the floor could vary here and there and I would assume throwing off the whole deal by the time I get to the other end which is 25 feet long too. "Room is 25x25

Tips, tricks, etc?

Old 03-04-04, 07:36 AM
J
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is this a floating floor, staple down, nail down, or glue down?

When the chalk line is too wide, you probably had too much chalk on the string, and/or you snapped it too forcefully. Use the middle of the chalk line as your reference.

Old 03-04-04, 11:22 AM
Furniture Bldr
Visiting Guest
Its tounge and groove 3/4" solid

I was pulling the line a bit tight. I wanted to get as straight of a line as I could

Old 03-04-04, 12:22 PM
J
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The variation in the width of a chalk line won't make any difference. The main purpose of the chalk line is to avoid drift.

You really didn't answer my previous question. What is the installation technique? Are you using a pneumatic stapler?

Old 03-04-04, 12:23 PM
Furniture Bldr
Visiting Guest
phenmatic nailer. The nailer where it has little ridges which keep the nails from poping back out.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: