durarock Question/thinkset

Old 03-14-04, 09:16 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
durarock Question/thinkset

does the thinset you use between durarock and the plywood have to be able to bond to wood? thanx

Old 03-14-04, 09:40 AM
J
And also do u align all the durarocks joints with each other or do you misS align them

Old 03-14-04, 09:56 AM
floorman
Visiting Guest
no the thinset is there only to fill in the voids so there are no air pockets or areas that are not supported causing problems later on.

Yes ,you need to stagger the joints so you don't have too many intersections at one point.Lay the first sheet in and then lay the second at the halfway point on the first sheet you already put in and do that the rest of the way and fill in the cuts at the walls.

Cut it in then pull up the sheets as you are fgastening them down and put the thinset underneath with a 1/4 x 1/4 x 1/4 notch trowel then screw or nail the sheet to the floor going every 2" on the seams and every 4" in the feild use nylon mesh tape on the joints and thinset them to the board using the flat side of the trowel

Old 03-14-04, 10:10 AM
J
HEY thanx alot for the fast reply, i've be setting tile at work for almost a year but haven't had the expiriernce of mudding the floors yet so i thought i would try durarock for side jobs. thanx again1

Old 03-14-04, 10:12 AM
floorman
Visiting Guest
anytime

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: