Ceramic tiles around tub and shower

Old 03-28-04, 03:38 PM
cyndal795
Visiting Guest
Ceramic tiles around tub and shower

A few of the wall tiles around the shower/tub were loose, including the ceramic soap dish. My sister in law went into try and fix them, and they all fell down. The problem is there is a big hole where they use to be. There isn't even a wall there to put the tiles back up on. Is there a way to fix this our selves with out having to pay for someone to come in and fix it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 03-29-04, 10:09 AM
J
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are ways you could fix this, but all would be temporary. What you see is probably the tip of the iceberg. The entire wall is probably disintegrating, perhaps because of water infiltration and an improper initial installation. If finances permit, I would rip out all the tile and the wall behind it.

If finances don't permit, I would probably just temporarily tape some plastic over the hole. For a slightly more visually appealing temporary fix, you could approach it like drywall repair. Slip some wooden strips into the hole with some strong waterproof glue on them and pull them out until the glue dries. Then you can attach some wall surface (cement board, greenboard) to the wood to give you a surface to which to attach the tile.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: