tile flooring in new house

Old 03-30-04, 02:18 PM
teh hitman
Visiting Guest
tile flooring in new house

I had a question about existing tile and home warranties. We just moved into a new house here in texas and noticed some of the tiles all around the house sound like they are hollow. I'm guessing they aren't fixed completely flat underneath. My concern is that, aside from sounding cheap, some day this may crack even though the tile is quite hard. Does anyone know if this is something that should have definitely been installed differently and thus I should have the builder warranty it? Has anyone had any tile crack due to such a situation? Thanks

Old 03-30-04, 02:45 PM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You have warrantee, call the builder.

Old 03-31-04, 11:03 PM
teh hitman
Visiting Guest
thanks. what about tiles that seem to be just barely loose. They probably wouldn't come out if you tried but if you step on them you can sometimes hear them shift slightly?

Old 04-04-04, 05:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This sounds like a very poor installation to me, definitely not up to standards. I would definitely pull out that home owner's warranty & give it a good read. If the tile is covered, call the builder or real estate agent & get on them about having it done right. Tiles shouldn't be loose or sound hollow when when tapped on.

Good luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: