Terracotta Tile Repair?

Old 04-04-04, 04:28 PM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Terracotta Tile Repair?

Our patio is made with Terracotta tiles (I think) that seem to be falling apart. The tiles have lots of holes and voids where sandy material is now falling out.

Is it possible to fill these holes with something, then repaint the tiles, and reseal then?

I asked someone at HomeDepot and he told me it was not possible... but I'm not sure he understood the question.

This problem is on more than a handful of tiles, so replacing the individual tiles is not much of an option for us.

Another thought we had would be to lay a layer of sand, and then retile with pavers ontop of the terracotta. Is this a bad idea at all?

Thanks

Old 04-07-04, 06:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could have swore I answered this over last weekend, but don't know what happened to the post. Screwy things going on over in Walls & Ceilings too.

Anyway, sounds like the old tile just isn't standing up to the weather & elements outside & are indeed falling apart. Don't really know how you'd repair them.

Adding the layer of sand & then putting down new pavers, might cause you some drainage problems, something to consider anyway.

Personally I'd rip the old patio out, put me down a gravel base, throw up some forms & pour me a concrete patio, it'll outlast landscape pavers & probablly be cheaper too. Good luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: