flooring choice

Old 05-22-04, 10:32 AM
Mac34
Visiting Guest
flooring choice

i converted my porch into a living room and laid carpet a year ago... now my wife wants different flooring...there is a concrete slab under the carpet...what would be the easiest: laminate flooring or ceramic tile? And what other materials(what do i put between the concrete and the flooring)would i need to complete this?
thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-04, 02:45 PM
vmg_inc
Visiting Guest
Choices Choices...

Well you have stumbled onto an age old question... And trust me every homeowner asks this sometime... LOL... As for flooring, the choices are immense, you are not limited to just the two you have mentioned... But as for the two that you had mentioned, it is entirely dependent upon what type of look you want... I am a long time carpenter and love both Wood and Tile floors... Honestly for durability, you will probably find that Tile will be your easiest choice... Now please note I said durability, not indestructibility... All flooring will take abuse and will show the abuse if you don't take proper care... You will find that Tile is easier to take care of and is more durable than a laminate product...

I understand that this probably didn't help you very much but just a couple of cents for you... Honestly it also depends upon the type of home you have... In some homes I like tile, in some I like wood...

Good Luck and happy picking what color and/or pattern...

Old 05-23-04, 07:42 AM
floorman
Visiting Guest
If the slab is in relatively good condition then go ahead and put the tile in there ,you cannot loose either asthetically or value wise in a properly installed ceramic floor,it will will last for years ,without showing much if any wear.

A few things we need to know though,are there any cracks in it? control joints ,or saw cuts?You may also consider doing a moisture test on the slab as well.Get back to us and we'll take it from there