bathroom tiling order

Old 06-03-04, 10:33 PM
dsw
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
bathroom tiling order

i'm tiling my bathroom and i need some help with the order in which to proceed. the areas to be tiled are:
floor
walls (halfway)
bathtub/shower surround
front of bathtub

i've done a bit of tiling before, but nothing on this scale. does anyone have suggestions about which section to tile first, second, third, etc. floors first or last?

thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-04, 02:33 PM
floorman
Visiting Guest
do the shower and the tub first then the floor ,then the wainescoatand the face of the tub,is there a deck on the tub?if so then make an allowance for the tile to overhang the face of the tub and line up with the tile on the face,you want the grout joint to be on the face not looking down on it from the tub

Old 07-16-04, 07:16 PM
twoblutwo
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Laying Bathroom Floor Tile

Ive Never Done This Before. How Do I Tile Around The Rough Plumbing That Was Done For The Toilet?I THINK I Should Lay The Floor Before I Install The Toilet Right? Its My First Attempt At Plumbing And Tiling

Old 07-16-04, 07:40 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lay your tile right up to the toilet flange. The cuts around the flange does not have to be perfect because the toilet sets on top of the tile and will cover about 2 on either side of the flange. Try to keep the tile within anyway. What do you have or intend to use as a base on the floor and the shower surround?

Old 07-17-04, 12:38 PM
twoblutwo
Visiting Guest
Unhappy laying bathroom tile

I Intend On Laying Cememt Backerboard Over 1/2 Plywood Floor And Tile On Top Of That. I Have Installed A 34"x34" Corner Shower Base, Already Spakled And Primed Greenboard . I Am Also Going To Install A Pedistal Sink . I Was Going To Install The Tile Floor Next . Bathroom Is 6 Tf By 5ft . The Other Question I Have Is: Where Does The Tile End? In The Doorway So The Transition Saddle Rests Over The Bathroom Tile Floor And The Pergo Floor I Intend To Install In The Adjoining Room? Sorry For The Long E-mail. Thanks For Your Replay From Earlier.

Old 07-17-04, 02:58 PM
floorman
Visiting Guest
You want to install the tile first then the sink,you really don't want to have to cut around that thing.

Stop the tile halfway through the jamb on the side that the door is on so when the door closes you won't see the other floor from the side you are on,or all you will see is the transition peice in the doorway