New snap together ceramic tiles?

Old 08-07-04, 09:06 PM
M
mlf
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
New snap together ceramic tiles?

Just wondering, has anyone installed the snap together ceramic tile flooring, it seems similar to laminate snap together flooring on a floating floor. Recently I've seen a lot of commercials for it and I was thinking of installing it in a small entryway of my home.
Hoping some here may have some insight on durability, appearence, etc...

Thanx to all for keeping up such a great forum.

Old 08-08-04, 09:13 AM
floorman
Visiting Guest
I'm not a big fan of floating floors i've been taught as a tile man that movement is a killer,grout cracking,tile popping,etc.,so iv'e been having a hard time trying to transition to the "floating" concept.

Have'nt heard any feed back one way or another so if you do this please post back and let us know how it turns out,i am very curious to know what it involves,how it looks etc.

Old 08-09-04, 09:22 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Go with the real thing

I tried the interlocking ceramic tile in a bathroom. I had many problems with it. First, you have to use dry blades to cut the stuff. I had a hard time cutting the tile w/o it cracking. Second, the tiles that are mounted to the backerboard are so thin that the crack very easily. I put the stuff down in my bathroom and after about 3 days I had about 3 cracked tiles. The guy at the home improvement store said that I had heard this from a few people. His suggestion was that you should not put it down unless your surface is flat and extreamly ridgid, like on concrete. I ended up getting my money back and putting real ceramic tile down. It was considerably more work, but no cracked tile. I will say that they did have good customer service on the return.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: