Removing saline solution marks on marble countertop

Old 08-23-04, 08:40 PM
ChrisDIY
Visiting Guest
Removing saline solution marks on marble countertop

I have a brand new bathroom with marble vanity tops (crema marfil). I dripped my saline solution and left them there for a while before sealing the marble tops. The solution left a number of hazy stains on them that one can see and feel.

How do I get rid of these rings? Any chemical solutions? If not, is there a buffer or polishing cream that I could use to "buff" these stain marks out of the marble?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-04, 11:07 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Fount this right on this site
http://doityourself.com/brick/marble.htm
I think you may have etched it but I don't know.Find info on the net by searching google---repair +marble +etch a space before the plus sign but not after.Or search for ---marble +salt water +repair. Remember the spaces before the + sign. Of course that is if nobody here has a better idea.

Last edited by joneq; 08-24-04 at 08:13 PM. Reason: incomplete link
Old 08-25-04, 10:15 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Another source:

http://www.globeimporters.com/faqs.html

Saline solution's pH is usually around 7.4--about the same pH as your tears-- so it's pretty close to neutral. Therefore, I don't believe you etched it (etching is caused by an acid, pH < 7). I think the stain is probably more like a hard water stain, as saline solution is just deionized water that contains dissolved potassium- and sodium-based salts.