Tile Backsplash Help!

Old 08-27-04, 12:53 PM
cblee
Visiting Guest
Tile Backsplash Help!

Hi,
I am tiling a kitchen backsplash with 6" ceramic tiles and I have run in to a problem. My kitchen is a large "L", and countertops run down both sides. At one end it dead ends in to the Fridge, at the other the counters stop in the middle of a wall. Sorry for the long explanation. Anyways, the manufacturer of the tile does not make a bullnose or an edge tile to match this tile. How should I handle this. I was going to put the tile in a diamond pattern, but that would leave the cut edges facing the outside. I also thought about cutting some of the extra tiles down and making a 1 " border with the uncut edge facing out, but how woould I end the grout on something like that. Anybody have any ideas.
Thanks,
Chris

Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-04, 05:52 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Yeah..they make a plastic cap to cover the cut edge...in a matching color too.

http://www.schluter.com/english/prod...203-jolly.html

Old 08-29-04, 04:12 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 595 Votes on 549 Posts
If you are using ceramic tile, you can use the plastic cap on the end (but it can sometimes look cheap). You can also cap the end with a nice piece of wood molding. Grout or caulk right up to the molding and finish the wood to match your cabinets.

If you are using a porcelin tile the porcelin often has a color all the way through that is similar to the face of the tile. You can make your cuts with a diamond saw and put a nice bevel or radius on the edge that is exposed (sort make your own bull-nose tile).