Marble tile floor plan

Old 09-02-04, 03:21 PM
Rosella
Visiting Guest
Question Marble tile floor plan

We are remodeling our bathroom. We plan to lay 12x12 marble tile on the diagnal. Where do we start with our floor plan? If we start in the middle we will have small triangles at the door and back wall. I find this acceptable, but my husband wonders if there is another approach. Our bathroom is small, only 5' x 6.5'. Additionally, we are in disagreement about where the focus should be on the floor. Specifically, should the odd (smaller) pieces of tile be at the far wall or in the doorway? I think that the focus would be on the doorway, or is it on the back wall?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-04, 09:35 PM
tfox60
Visiting Guest
Try This to establish pattern

The patttern should be centered between the walls. To do this measure the midpoint of the 6.5 ft wall at both walls. Then snap a chalk line. Next snap another line at the mid point of the other wall perpendicular to the first line. This establishes the center of your room. To start laying tile place a tile such that a corner is on each line with the point of the center of the room under the center of the tile. The best thing to do then is dry lay all the tiles, cutting the ones along the wall as necessary. This way all the cutting is done before you start mixing thinset. Be sure to mark all the cut tiles indentifing where they belong as you take them up. It takes alot of words to describe what a picture can portray very simply. Give this some thought. Try it out on paper first. Let me know where I have not been very clear. I will try to explain.
Good Luck
TFOX60