Beautiful white tile RUINED?

Old 09-02-04, 06:14 PM
alienlady
Visiting Guest
Cool Beautiful white tile RUINED?

My kids lived in my condo for over a year and NEVER washed the floor. My beautiful WHITE tile floor is GRAY and speckled pure white here and there (showing it's TRUE WHITE) and streaked here and there from something scraping the GRAY DIRT STAIN off.

I have tried nearly every household FLOOR (tile) cleaner that is on the market. Of course the first thing I tried was SRTAIGHT clorox on a cloth and it didn't even dent the gray stain.

Is there a product guaranteed to get the gray out of the tile and let the true white come back? That is without striping the semi-gloss off it... I do not want to RUIN THE TILE SURFACE!

I am unemployed now... just had back surgery and I cannot afford to TRY this and TRY that any longer.

I need something that someone KNOWS will work! Is there anyone TILE CLEANING savy out there that can help me get the right product?

Thanks.... alienlady

Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-04, 10:55 AM
floorman
Visiting Guest
Go to www.countertopcare.com and see what they may have the name is misleading they have many cleaners for many different things,or maybe they have a pooultice there that you can put on there and suck that stuff out of the tile

Old 09-05-04, 07:27 AM
DIYer4
Visiting Guest
I was in the process of selling a condo that had very dirty almond color grout and very dirty white tiles in the kitchen. I had run out of all options before an open house, and then decided to try Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser as a last ditch effort. I can't live without it now! Unfortunately you use a ton of the small brick-size sponges on the floor and cleaning with them on the floor requires getting down on your hands and knees and scrubbing, but somehow it worked!

Old 09-05-04, 11:51 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Forcefield Scumblaster tub and tile cleaner at xxxxxx Unreal stuff

Last edited by twelvepole; 09-25-04 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Posted commercial website
Old 09-18-04, 01:22 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ceramic Tile Maintenance

Glazed ceramic tile, like any surface is subject to abrasive wear, particularly in very high traffic areas. Eventually the tile will become scratched and the glazing will be worn from the surface, especially if tile is not kept clean. Floor surfaces should be swept with a clean dry mop, or vacuumed daily to remove abrasive loose dirt and grit. Grit is the biggest enemy of floor coverings. When you walk on grit, you literally sand away floor finish. A heavy duty tile cleaner and stripper should remove all soil from tile. If it does not, then the tile is likely worn, darkened with dirt and long-expoosed to traffic soils that will not be removed.