Between Ceramic Tile & Drywall

Old 09-07-04, 01:08 PM
JustBeth7
Visiting Guest
Question Between Ceramic Tile & Drywall

I am redoing my batheroom, leaving the existing ceramic tile that does from the floor about 1/2 way up the wall (more in the shower area). I drywalled above that. I need something to finish the walls between the existing ceramic tile and the drywall. Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-04, 02:39 PM
Abyss
Visiting Guest
I would post this question in the Bathrooms forum and also the Decorate/paint forum. I'm not saying that it's inappropriate here but if you post at those ones also you may receive the answer you are looking for sooner. I bet you will receive dozens of finish ideas for that scenario.

Old 09-07-04, 03:05 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Did you put the bevelled edge by the ceramic

Old 09-08-04, 09:19 AM
JustBeth7
Visiting Guest
No. This is our first attempt at drywall and we didn't think of that until we had the drywall up.

Old 09-08-04, 10:02 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
There are trim pieces you can use and I would first see what was available but I think I might try the flexible corner bead available most building supply places. Take the corner bead cut it to length and cut one side a little less that the thickness of the drywall. Mask off the tile with tape or whatever.Put some[plenty] caulk[not silicone] where the tile meets the drywall and up the drywall the length of the trim piece and stuff the corner bead in. set the corner bead in and wipe up all exess caulk It is supposed to be nailed in and there is nothing stopping you from doing it but it has a tendency to wrincle the bead and you will only be able to nail it every 16" so I don't know. normally it goes on a corner where the stud is behind all of it so you can nail it anywhere there is a prob. Finish it normally, but I would use the powdered easy sand mix[drywall compound in a bag] It is chemically cured not cured by evaporation/ Having said all that I agree with abyss, you posted in the wrong place Go up to decorating /paint and post there for more Ideas before you do anything. State what kind of tile you have at the meeting point is it bevelled or square. Does the joint look like crap now. Be very specific

Old 09-08-04, 06:25 PM
floorman
Visiting Guest
you may be able to get a chair rail or some sort of wood trim with a rabbet on the back of it to sit on top of the tile and hide that edge and finish the tiile off as well.Is there a bullnose tile on the top row of the tile now?If so then this may be the only option you may have at this point,if not see if you can find a bullnose to go with the tile that is on there,you won't be able to match the tile but you could find something that may go well with that tile