old tea stain the carpet

Old 11-27-04, 07:20 PM
skyblue143in
Visiting Guest
old tea stain the carpet

Hi,
i once accidently spilled some tea in my cream carpet, i tried to blot it at that time and put some salt also. But i was in hurry and couldn't take it out completely, so it got dried up in there, now i am trying to use all the carpet removers (resolve, spot shot etc..), but not able to remove it, any help will be greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance
-r

Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-04, 08:35 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hi Skyblue143in,
Welcome to the DIY Forums.

Always test carpet in inconspicious area for color fastness before any stain removal is attempted

To remove the stain use white vinegar solution( 1/3c vinegar to 2/3c water).
Saturate the stain and blot with WHITE towel(paper or cloth) to remove excess moisture.

Apply a small amount of carpet safe detergent solution(Dawn or Joy, mixed 1/4tsp to 1qt of water) spray a small amount on the stain and use a paper towel(white) to work the detergent in. If the stain is being removed keep apply and blotting until the stain is removed.

Rinse with tap water to remove detergent, blot to remove excess moisture.

Spray lightly with water but do not blot this time, apply a pad of WHITE paper towels and apply a brick and allow to dry.

If there is still some stain on the carpet and blotting is not removing it, then moisten the tufts in the stained area with 3% hydrogen peroxide. Let stand for on (1) hour. Blot and repeat until carpet is stain free. Light will cause peroxide to change back to water so no rinsing is necessary. Apply pad of paper towels and weight down with brick.

Hope this works for you.
Good luck and post back