Installing ceramic tiles

Old 12-02-04, 12:45 PM
Sheeba
Visiting Guest
Exclamation Installing ceramic tiles

Hi,

I want to install ceramic tiles on my counter top.
the problem is that i already have ceramic tiles that r in very good condition but has got the old look.
so i want to install new ceramic tiles.
can i install the new tiles over the existing tiles or do i have to remove the old tiles.

thanks a lot in advance for the replies.
Sheeba

Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-04, 12:51 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sheeba, Welcome to the DIY Forums.
I am not an expert in this field but I don't think the new tile will adhere well to the old tile. Please watch this post as others that have expertise in this field will answer. Good luck with your project.

Old 12-03-04, 05:35 PM
floorman
Visiting Guest
If the tile is stuck real good and there are no loose tile then you can theoretically set tile over existing tile i say theoretically cause it looks good on paper but does not always come out the way it looks written down.
You may consider just starting over and tear it out and redo the whole thing,is there a backsplash to consider too?It may also bring the edge out too far as well and the overhang would be too great at the edge of the counter.
All things considered it would be best to rip it out and start over but if you were set on doing this then yes it could be done but not the reccomended way to do it