I want a terrazzo floor in new house......

Old 12-13-04, 07:56 AM
sntdenis
Visiting Guest
I want a terrazzo floor in new house......

Hi...thanks for your help.

I am building a new house and would like my mud room to be terrazzo. I am having fits trying to find a company in Tampa Florida who will do it or even knows who can. I am seeing it more and more in hotels, restaurants etc, bbut these are huge projects. The floor it will on is a poured concrete slab.....14'x14'

I understand the basic principles of its creation

My questions ....1.....IS it possible to do with the help of a simple mason/concrete guy

2 If yes, where can i get the necessary tools, materials and selection of chips near tampa FL or on line

If no, do you have any suggestions on who could help me in my area?

thanks

Old 12-13-04, 06:05 PM
floorman
Visiting Guest
You may be able to find a cemnt guy that can do terazzo but i doubt it.That is a dying breed there,not too many co's out there that still do it i think there are only 2 here in mo.that do.
You ever though of acid staining?Becoming quite popular i understand,looks pretty cool to.Pretty much do whatever pattern you would want to do the only thing they don't have complete control over is the color,depends on the lime content and other factors as to the exact color it will tun out.If interested i could find that site i had a while back and show you what i mean?

Old 12-15-04, 07:27 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yes, Acid staining has become a big hit here in Central Texas.

www.acidstain.com

You can also do a websearch for Acid Staining Concrete.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: