What should I do?

Old 12-16-04, 02:02 PM
mstolecki
Visiting Guest
What should I do?

I hired a profesional to lay the tile in my remodeled bathroom, and I was stopping by the fourm to look in to putting a grout sealer on. The problem I have is he grouted all the corners and from what I am reading here they should be Calked not grouted. Is there anything I can do now? The grout is about 3 weeks old.

Thanks
Maple

Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-04, 02:43 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Eventually the grout next to the baseboards will crack out. Worst case senerio is the tile installation will tent off the subfloor if it expands too much.

Scrape out the grout or wait for it to crumble out, then put on round trim, or tacky caulking.

Old 12-16-04, 04:07 PM
floorman
Visiting Guest
Any place there is an inside corner mde needs to be caulked ,like what was stated previuosly is that it will eventually crack,either at the base, or the tub or wherever.You can rake that out of there and caulk the joints,should'nt be too big of a hassle,or better yet have him come back and do it.
Don't let him or don't yourself use painters caulk on this either,use 100% silicone it is alot more flexible and will last longer,can't paint over it but at the floor line or the tile line it won't matter anyway

Old 12-16-04, 08:14 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
In the tile supply house, or at the home improvement stores, they have sanded caulking, color matched to the grout, so it looks just like grout when dried. Use this sanded caulk, that is what it is made for.