Unglazed tile

Old 12-19-04, 09:46 AM
Rose Williams
Visiting Guest
Unglazed tile

I've installed an unglazed tile in my kitchen. What can I put on the floor to cut down on the scuff marks and add a bit of shine.

Thanks.

Rose

Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-04, 12:21 PM
Golden D. Dog
Visiting Guest
Question Sealed ?

I am not sure about unglazed tile and grout as I have never installed it or used it myself. I do know, however, with most tile and grout that once you have finished installing it you should put a high quality sealer on it to keep the grout from staining. There are different types of sealer out there with different sheens once they have cured, from almost a dull look to the highly polished. I would check with whomever you got the tile from and see what they reccomend, and before I put any sealer down I would take a sample piece of the tile and the grout and give them a once over with the sealer to get a feel of how it would look before putting it down on your floor.

Old 12-19-04, 05:15 PM
floorman
Visiting Guest
Hi Rose and welcome to the forums,what type of tile are we talking about here?get back to us and let us know so we can give you a more informed answer to that question

Old 12-21-04, 11:14 AM
Rose Williams
Visiting Guest
Unglazed Tile

Since posting my question, I took my tile to the Lowes store and I was informed that the tile has a slight polish finish on it; however, the tile would not be considered unglazed. The tile is porcelan and is a chalk white.

A Lowes sales person recommended that I purchase Acqua Mix Seal & Finish w/Low Shine to test on a small area of my tile floor only, not getting it on the grout. I was amazed that it gave me a low shine, but I'm not sure if it will cut down on the scuff marks. What are your thoughts?

Thanks for the responses that I've received.

Rose

Last edited by Rose Williams; 12-24-04 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Need feedback regarding Acqua Mix Seal