reinstall fixtures on newly grouted floor

Old 01-17-05, 07:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
reinstall fixtures on newly grouted floor

I will be grouting a newly tiled floor-ceramic 12"x12" tiles with 3/16 grout line using sand grout on concrete slab. The bag says to keep moist with spray for 3 days to cure. Here's my questions. If I lay sheet of plastic over the floor can I eliminate having to mist the grout lines? when can I reinstall a toilet and washer/dryer? do I have to wait the full 3 days? Can I do it it earlier. My wife is going nuts not having the washer/dryer available.

Thanks, Joe

Old 01-17-05, 07:16 AM
T
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can carefully install the toilet right away after grouting. As for the washer and dryer, Carry them into their location and set on a bed of plywood for 3 days from the point at which the tile was set, just to give the thinset ample time to cure while avoiding the stresses of the washer and dryer from causing any problems. As for misting the grout, if it's a latex modified grout, misting will actually cause more problems, leading to latex migration from the grout which will leave your grout either white, mottled, or at the very least, much lighter than you expected. It can also lead to excessive shrinking in your grout lines.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: