Tile Saw

Old 01-20-05, 01:24 PM
H
hth
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Tile Saw

I am looking to buy a tile saw capable of cutting 12 in. marble for counter top and also to retile my bath. Renting isn't an option because I am working on it after hours and weekends only. I seen at HD tile saws saying 7". What does the 7" mean? Is it the max lenght of tiles it can cut? What is the proper size of a saw that at least can cut 12" marble?

I plan to tile the countertop with 12x12 marble, 6" backsplash then 4x4 tiles on wall above backsplash. The 4x4 is thinner than the 12x12. Do you have any idea with the transition where the 4x4 meets the backsplash to make it looks nicer? Thx.

Old 01-20-05, 05:02 PM
HTH, The 7 means the tile saw has a 7" diameter saw blade. They sell a 7" Workforce for around $300 that would handle your job easily. When you are done you could sell it on Ebay and recoup some of your money.

The transition between the 4" tile and the backsplash could be accomplished with a ceramic tile divider like a pencil strip. Its about 1/2" wide and 6" long and comes in several colors. Dont limit your choices to just HD; check out your local tile retailers. They have more selection than the big box stores.

Old 01-20-05, 10:47 PM
H
hth
Thx. I seen other retailers have much more choices.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: